Get Started with Digital Invoicing
Digital Invoicing enables you to manage your direct sales and B2B channels through independent creation and management of quotes and invoices without leaving the FastSpring App. This centralizes your quotes, invoices, and purchase orders within the App, enhancing your billing operations and order management capabilities.
Access Digital Invoicing in your Store
As of June 30, 2021, there is a new page in the FastSpring App labeled Quotes. To access it, navigate to Sales > Quotes. From there, you can:
- Create, edit, and send Quotes
- Create, edit, and send Invoices
- Search for Quotes by Quote Name, Quote ID, Recipient Name, or Recipient Company
- Filter Quotes by their Status, Author, and Date
To hide the Quotes page, you can disable Quote Management within Store Settings > Invoicing.
Roles and Permissions
Roles that have access to the Quotes page include: Sales Representative, Store Order Support, Store Administrator, and Company Administrator. Each role has the ability to:
- Create new quotes and see/manage quotes they’ve created.
- See and manage orders that have been created from their quotes.
- Create and manage custom orders, and orders created for them.
Accountants, Store Maintainers, Store Marketing, and Store Reporting roles do not have access to the Quotes page.
We have introduced a new role, Sales Representative, which has all of the permissions listed above. Sales Representatives do not have access to Reports, Products Settings, Store Settings, Storefront Settings, or Coupons.
To add a Sales Representative to your Store:
- Log in to the FastSpring App. At the top, right corner of the Dashboard, click the drop-down with your Store Name.
- Select Users. At the top, right corner of the Users page, select Add User.
- In the Role drop-down, select Sales Representative for the Store you wish to add one to. If you have multiple Stores, make sure to select the role in the correct Store.
- Enter the Sales Representative’s name and email address.
- Click Create.
Digital Invoicing Settings
To customize your Digital Invoicing configuration, navigate to Settings > Invoicing.
- Quote Management – Enable Quote Management to display the Quotes page within the Sales section on the left menu, from which you can create and manage B2B quotes. This also enables prospects to request a quote at checkout. Note that this feature must still be enabled on the individual Storefront(s) that you want to support this functionality. When disabled, these features will be hidden.
- Default Expiration (Number of Days) – Enter the default expiration period to be assigned to new quotes. This value will be auto-filled into the Expiration Date field of new quotes, however you can modify it within the quote.
- Default Notes (free text) – Add default notes that are automatically applied to each new Quote. This is a great place to add your standard terms and conditions. This text will be auto-filled into the Notes field when creating a new quote, but can be modified before quote creation.
- Default Net Terms (Number of Days) – Enter the default number of days after invoice creation that the payment is due. This will automatically apply to each invoice. You can adjust this setting when configuring an invoice.
- Days Before Due Date to Send Invoice Reminder – Enter the default number of days prior to the payment due date to send a reminder email to the prospect. This will remind them of the unpaid invoice and provide them with a link to pay.
- Enable Manual Fulfillment – When enabled, you can manually trigger the fulfillment of an order that has not been paid yet.
- Display Check Instructions on US Invoices – When enabled, invoices that are for prospects within the US display instructions to pay by check. This is disabled by default.
- Default Invoice Processing – Select the workflow you would like to use for invoice orders that are generated from your Store.
- Deliver After Payment – Requires no manual effort. The prospect is sent an invoice and the necessary information to complete their payment. They do not receive the fulfillment until after they complete their payment.
- Require Approval – After the prospect completes their order, they are shown a Pending Approval message. You will receive an email notification, and the option to approve or decline their order. If you approve, you will determine whether the prospect receives their fulfillment before or after payment.
- Enable Self-Serve Upgrades – When enabled, consumers using the Account Management portal can modify their orders or subscriptions directly in the portal. Modifications include adjusting the product quantities, and upgrading their subscription to a configured upsell product. By default, this is enabled.
- Enable Net D Invoice Payment Methods – When enabled, prospects who are completing a purchase can add or update payment methods (such as SEPA, ACH, and Wire transfers) through the Account Management site. Otherwise, this is only enabled at checkout.
- Allow Separate Billing Contact – When enabled, FastSpring can collect and retain a separate billing contact per payment method on file through the Account Management portal. By default, this is enabled.