Making Changes to Online Storefronts
This article provides guidance on the best practice for modifying a Storefront that is already online and processing customer orders.
When you want to modify a Live Storefront, it is best to make the changes and test them without taking the Storefront offline. You do not want customers to experience untested or incomplete changes. Therefore, we recommend that you create a copy of the Storefront and modify the copy instead, for testing. Once you are satisfied with the changes, you can overwrite the original Storefront with the updates.
- Select the Storefronts menu and then select the type of Storefront you want to modify (e.g., Web Storefronts or Popup Storefronts).
- In the list of Storefronts, click the MORE menu for the Storefront you want to modify, and then click Copy.
- In the To New Storefront URL field, type a name for the temporary testing Storefront.
- Click Finish. All the settings are copied to the new Storefront.
- Make the changes you want to the settings of the newly created Storefront.
- Test the modified Storefront as needed until you are satisfied with the changes.
- In the Storefront listing, click the MORE menu for the newly modified Storefront, and then click Copy.
- In the To Existing Storefront field, choose the Live Storefront you originally copied as the destination for your modified settings. Keep in mind that this action completely replaces all settings for the original Storefront with the modified settings of the temporary Storefront.
- Click Finish.
The Live Storefront now uses your modified settings. By following this procedure, you have avoided taking the Live Storefront offline. There was also no risk of having customers see untested changes.