Product Options allow you to present different options to consumers during checkout. They are similar to Cross-Sells and Upsells, except they appear on the pages of your Web Storefront with only the product name and price, and they take up less space.
- Alternatives – If a customer selects an Alternative item, it will replace the item in their cart.
- Single Choice Options – The consumer can decide to purchase an additional item from the list by selecting its checkbox.
- Multiple Choice Options – The consumer can select multiple additional items from the list using checkboxes.
Web Storefronts can display each type of Product Option. The cart in Popup Storefront only supports multiple choice options, however you can use the Store Builder Library to control the layout and placement of all products and options offered on your Store’s pages before triggering it.
Configure Product Options
- From the FastSpring App, select the Products menu and then select the Products, Bundles, or Subscriptions tab, depending on the type of item to which you want to add product options.
- Select the Product, Bundle, or Subscription to which you want to add product options.
- On the detail page, locate the Related Offers section and click Add New > Add Product Options.
- The Add Product Options popup window appears. Select the type of product options you want to add.
- If you select Single choice option or Multiple choice option, two additional checkboxes become available.
- Require Selection – Requires purchasers to select at least one of the product options in order to process. The order subtotal will increase unless the selected product option is free.
- Inherit Quality – Causes any selected product option to initially have the same quantity as the primary product. Purchasers may still have the option to change the quantity of either of them.
- In the Display field, enter a heading to appear on the Storefront, just above the product offer you are configuring. This heading may be especially useful if you are adding Single choice or Multiple choice options as cross-sells. Click the language drop-down to enter the heading in each desired language.
- The Placement field controls the sequence in which Product Options appear on the Storefront. For example, if you add two groups of Alternatives, you can determine which group of Alternatives first appears on the page. However, if you add one group of Alternatives and one group of Multiple Choice options, the Placement field does not affect the relative placement of the two groups. Product options are always sorted first by the type of option when viewed on the Storefront.
- In the Products field, begin typing the name of the first Product or Product Variation you want to add. Select the product from the drop-down search results below the field. You can repeat this process to add additional product options.
- Click Remove if you make a mistake or need to change the product.
- If you select the Pre-selected checkbox next to the product, the product option is added to the cart automatically when a customer selects the primary product. Customers would have to click Remove if they do not want to purchase the item
- Click Save to complete the process. The Related Offers section for the Product, Bundle, or Subscription you are editing updates to show that there is a new configuration. Click Edit if you need to review and edit the product options or delete the offer entirely.