Product Price Settings
This article explains how to configure the prices that FastSpring charges for your products.
To Set Pricing for Products and Bundles
Access the price settings for a Product or Bundle:
New Product or Bundle: the price fields appear in the Create Product or Create Bundle dialog.
- Existing Product: Navigate to the detail page for the Product, scroll down to the Pricing section, and click Edit to open the Edit Pricing Plan dialog.
- Existing Bundle: Navigate to the detail page for the Bundle and click anywhere within the Pricing row to open the Pricing dialog.
- In the Unit Price field, enter the product's price in at least the field corresponding to the base currency for your Store (usually USD).
- Based on the consumer's location, prices you have entered in USD will have VAT or GST added to them when appropriate. In the United States, consumers see the product's base price, and FastSpring adds any applicable sales tax to the order total.
- FastSpring automatically deducts VAT or GST from prices entered in currencies other than USD. If this applies to you, enter a price that will offset the expected VAT or GST amount, as consumers in these countries only pay the price specified. This is Gross Pricing Mode, however if you prefer to enter non-USD prices without VAT or GST, see Net Pricing Mode. If Net Pricing Mode is enabled, FastSpring adds VAT or GST to non-USD prices where applicable.
- If you leave a currency field blank, FastSpring automatically converts the base price to the supported local currencies.
- See Currencies, Conversions and Taxes for more information about currencies, automatic conversions, VAT, and sales tax
- In the Default Quantity field, enter the quantity to be added to the cart when a customer selects this item.
- Editable - Allows consumers to adjust the quantity they purchase. This applies to Web Storefronts and some implementations of the Store Builder Library. Popup Storefronts only display the quantity or allow it to be changed if you enable the optional Popup Storefront Cart.
- Locked - Prevents consumers from changing the quantity so they can only purchase the Default Quantity in each transaction. The total price paid by consumers for this product or bundle would be equal to the Default Quantity multiplied by the Unit Price.
- Hidden - Removes the Quantity field from the checkout process entirely so consumers cannot see or change the field.
- For both the Locked and Hidden radio buttons, you can override the default quantity using a Secure Payload, but not with Store Builder Library.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Set up a Product DiscountSet up a product discount for a particular product. Examples include tiered pricing, temporary promotion, or a discounted Product Variation to offer with a cross-sell promotion.
- Create a Product or Bundle.
- Navigate to the Discounted Price options:
- Product: Navigate to the detail page for the product, scroll down to the Discount section, and click Edit to open the Edit Discount Plan dialog.
- Bundle: Navigate to the detail page for the bundle and click anywhere within the Pricing row to open the Pricing dialog.
- If you want the discount to apply to specific volumes purchased, select the Use Volume Discount checkbox and enter the quantities required in a single order for consumers to receive the discount.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of discount.
- Percent Off - Discount up to 100% off of a product. If you discount more, it will automatically adjust to 100% off.
- Amount Off - Input specific amounts to discount. This will also allow you to input the discount amount in each currency supported by your store.
- If you selected the Use Volume Discount checkbox, click + Add Quantity to specify additional quantity discounts. For example, you can offer a $5.00 discount off each if consumers purchase 2 or more, and a $7.50 discount off each if consumers buy 5 or more.
- Select the Limit Discount Availability by Dates checkbox to specify a date range for a temporary discount.
- In the Discount Reason field, optionally enter a consumer-facing message about the discount. For example, if you configure a discount for a holiday promotion, you can enter “Holiday Sale!” in this field. Use the language drop-down to enter the message in additional languages.
- Click Save.
For information about setting pricing and other settings for Subscriptions, please see Subscription Pricing.