Products, Bundles and Subscriptions
This article provides information on Products, Bundles and Subscriptions.
There are two different aspects to the way you control your products using the FastSpring App:
- You control product data and behavior, including product name, product image, price, and fulfillment options via the Products menu.
- You control the way products are displayed, including all visual aspects of the product other than the base product image, via the Storefronts menu.
As a result of separating the data and the display, you set up your product data first, and then adjust the way the product is presented by tuning your Storefronts. You do not need to manage multiple copies of a single product to have it displayed in multiple ways.
|To Control This:||Use the Following Menu:|
|the product's name|
|the product's price|
|the product's image|
|the label of the product's action button|
|the size of the product image on the Homepage|
|the product's short description|
|the product's long description|
|the color of the product's link|
|the size of the font used for the product's link|
|which other products appear as cross-sells|
|the placement of the product's cross-sell offerings|
Products generally fit into one of three primary classifications:
- Products - An individual, standalone product or service for which customers pay a single flat price or fee for perpetual use of the product or service
- Bundles - A collection of individual, standalone products or services that are available for purchase at a single, combined flat price or fee for perpetual use of the associated products or services
- Subscriptions - A product or service for which customers make more than one payment, usually on a recurring basis or a pre-defined time-limited basis (e.g., as part of a payment plan).
Fulfillment Options and Notifications
When a customer completes an order, FastSpring (or you) must provide the purchased product to the customer. The process of delivering the product to the customer is called “fulfillment”. Several fulfillment options are available for digital products. Depending on your software or service and the licensing mechanism it uses (if any), you can instruct FastSpring to issue a license key in a variety of ways:
- request a license key from an external server in real-time during order processing
- issue a license key from a pre-uploaded list
FastSpring can also host your product download and serve the download file to buyers as needed.
In case your product is software as a service, FastSpring can notify you in near-real-time about new orders, returns, and subscription updates, via our webhooks feature. FastSpring also sends email receipts and other related messages to your buyers via the customer notifications feature.