Products, Bundles and Subscriptions
This article provides information on Products, Bundles and Subscriptions.
A bundle is a group of products that are sold together as a package. The individual items in the bundle can also be sold separately. Only one variation of a particular product can be included in each bundle.
Working with bundles is much the same as working with standalone products. Editing a bundle and editing a product are done in the same way, except your existing bundles are listed on the Bundles tab instead of the Products tab.
To Create a Bundle
Check out our guided walk-through
- From the Products menu, select Bundles, and then click . The Create a Bundle popup window appears.
- In the Product title displayed to the customer field, enter the product title (sometimes called the display name). This name will appear in the Storefront (e.g., on the Homepage, Product Page, and Completion Page). If your Store supports multiple languages, click the language drop-down and enter the product title in each supported language.
- The Product Path field--also called the product ID--is populated automatically based on the product title entered above. It uses the same product title you entered, but with dashes in place of any spaces or punctuation. The product path identifies the bundle record for use in the API and reporting, and also becomes part of the URL for the bundle's Product Page. You can override the default product ID now, during bundle creation. However, you will not be able to change it once you have clicked CREATE (except by copying the bundle to a new product ID).
NoteDo not enter spaces or punctuation in the Product Path field.
- In the Price field, enter the price for the bundle. For more information about pricing, please see Product Price Settings and Currencies, Conversions and Taxes.
- In the Products in the Bundle field, begin typing the name of the first product to be included in the bundle. A list of matching products appears below the field. The list gets shorter as you narrow down the specific product you want to add. Use the mouse or the arrow keys and Enter/Return key to select the desired product from the search results.
- Repeat step 5 until you have added all of the required products to the bundle.
- Click CREATE to complete bundle creation.