Resend Email Notifications and Webhooks
Table of Contents
Each order's analytics page lists a record of email notifications and webhook events that have been sent regarding that order. There, you can view the summarized history and webhook events, resend email notifications, or re-post individual webhook events.
To view the complete history of email messages and webhooks for an order or a subscription, begin by accessing the details of the order or subscription in question. You can search for an order from the Dashboard page of the App or via the Activity menu.
Re-send an Individual Email
- In the Emails section of the order details page, click anywhere in the row of the message you want to re-send. A popup dialog appears showing the details of the message.
- Click Resend to re-send the message. The message is re-sent immediately, and a confirmation appears at the bottom of the popup dialog.
View and Re-Post Webhook Payloads
- In the Webhooks section of the order details page, navigate to the webhook event whose payload you want to view or re-post.
- Click anywhere in the row of the event you want to view or re-post. A popup dialog appears showing the details of the event, including the entire JSON payload for the event. You can scroll down to view or copy the entire payload from this dialog.
- Click Resend to immediately re-post the event to the URL or endpoint configured for the webhook. A confirmation message appears at the bottom of the popup dialog.
Unsuccessful Webhook Event Postings
In case FastSpring was unable to successfully post an event (based on the response from your server), the name of the event appears in red in the Webhooks section of the order details. When you drill into the event details, the date/time line appears with a red background. You can still re-post the event just as you could for a successful post. FastSpring also automatically retries all failed webhook event posts every ten minutes for up to 24 hours or until we receive a success response.