Our FastSpring product and engineering teams have been hard at work to deliver new updates and features that will help you deliver a world-class ecommerce experience. Check out our most recent product updates, improvements, and resources below.
New or Improved
You’re Invited: FastSpring Quotes Beta
We are excited to announce the Early Access launch of FastSpring Quotes! FastSpring Quotes allows you to create and manage quotes for your customers directly within the FastSpring App, enabling you to seamlessly process and collect payments for orders generated through your sales rep channel. This feature is currently available to a limited group of Sellers and will be available broadly in 2021. For more information or to request participation in the Early Access Program, please contact email@example.com.
PSD2 Deadline is Approaching – Here’s How FastSpring Has You Covered
Starting Jan 1, 2021, all ecommerce transactions where either the purchaser or merchant are in the European Economic Area (EEA) will be eligible for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) — such as 2-factor authentication — during the checkout. Only buyers in Europe, who are required to go through the SCA flow by their issuing bank will be affected. FastSpring is fully prepared to support these changes on your behalf and deliver a seamless experience for your buyers. FastSpring Sellers do not have to take any additional action regarding the SCA or PSD2.
Once this change takes effect, we will monitor the impact on conversion rates very closely and be ready to make necessary changes to sustain or even improve performance for you and your buyers. Please visit our support article for more information about the PSD2.
Tax Updates Around Brexit and New Jurisdictions
In order to keep you compliant in all the jurisdictions we operate in worldwide, we are continuously monitoring tax rules and how they apply to Digital Service products globally.
1. We rolled out collections of VAT in several new jurisdictions based on our Sellers expanding global footprint. This will impact taxable sales to customers in our new filing jurisdictions, including;
- QST in Quebec, Canada – September 2020
- VAT in Colombia – September 2020
- VAT in United Arab Emirates – September 2020
- VAT in Saudi Arabia – September 2020
- PST in Saskatchewan, Canada – October 2020
2. In light of Brexit, we will be transitioning from the UK to Ireland as our central VAT filing hub within the European Union. The only impact to your customers will be a change of the VAT number FastSpring discloses on invoices to customers in the EU or UK.
Take a look at the VAT and Sales Tax Section on FastSpring Docs if you have any questions on where FastSpring files.
Enhanced Machine Learning Fraud Engine
In an effort to optimize approval rates while keeping you protected from fraudulent buyers, we have released our enhanced fraud engine that will reduce false positives from legitimate buyer attempts while keeping you protected from actual fraud. Our new fraud engine is powered by a machine learning algorithm that will get smarter over time. As a part of this change, the details on the Risk analysis change will also be updated to reflect the results of the model.
For more information, take a look at our Machine Learning Fraud Engine support article on FastSpring Docs.
UI Update to the Left Hand Navigation Bar: ‘Activities’ is Now Called ‘Sales’
We are renaming the Activities menu item to Sales in the FastSpring App. In this menu, you will find Orders, Subscriptions, and Events. There has been no change to the functionality of these pages.
Platform Maintenance Scheduled for Early February
Please be advised that FastSpring will be performing scheduled maintenance for an infrastructure upgrade that will require a brief interruption of services on the FastSpring platform in early February. We will provide more details on our Status Page as we get closer to the scheduled maintenance date.
- We added a tooltip mouseover to the Subscriptions Cancellation report to clarify how the data in the report is being collected.
- When a subscription is automatically renewed for another product, the system will now revert to the current settings on the product as opposed to the default settings. This update helps reduce churn rates by ensuring there aren’t any incorrect deactivations.