Overview of the Approval Workflow and how to enable it.
Table of Contents
- Quote Submission Workflow
- Review Queue
- Collaborate Directly on the Quote
- Version History
- Enable / Disable the Approval Workflow
The Approval Workflow requires Admins to approve Members’ interactive quotes before they are sent to prospects. When enabled, Members click Submit for Approval when they finish configuring their quote. Any Admin on their Team can Approve or Deny the Member's submission. If it is approved, the Member can send it to their prospect. If it is denied, Admins may leave comments directly on the quote for feedback, and tag their teammates to notify them. For full information on Member and Admin privileges, see Team and Account Management.
Members and Admins can access the submitted quotes by navigating to Interactive Quotes > Review Queue.
Quote Submission Workflow
After configuring a new Interactive Quote, or applying changes to an existing one, Members click Submit for Approval at the top, right corner of the quote’s configuration page.
A popup appears asking the Member to confirm their submission. They may add notes to send to the Admin, or cancel the submission to continue editing.
After submitting the quote, members can make additional changes by clicking the three dots at the top, right corner of the quote's details page, and selecting Remove from Review Queue. When they do this, the quote leaves the Review Queue until it is resubmitted for approval. This only applies to Members who are required to submit quotes for approval; Admins and other Members may apply changes directly.
Review Queue and Status
After the Member submits the quote, they and the Team Admins can access it in the Review Queue by navigating to Interactive Quotes > Review Queue. There, the status of the quote automatically updates depending on the Admin’s actions.
- Awaiting Review - A version of the quote exists that has not been reviewed yet
- In Review - An Admin clicked Review on the quote, or left a comment
- Awaiting Changes - The reviewer clicked Needs Changes, however the quote creator has not submitted the changes yet.
- Approved - The Member has the permission to send the quote
If the quote creator makes any changes to the quote after approval, they must resubmit it through the Review Queue.
Collaborate Directly on the Quote
All Team Members and Admin have the ability to leave comments on teammates’ quotes. This can help in centralizing all feedback and progress in one location. Comments are accessible to each teammate with access to the quote. If you are using the Classic Interactive Quote layout, you can select individual parts of the quote to comment on directly. After a comment is published, a comment icon will appear in the applicable feature.
- Navigate to the Interactive Quote’s. Highlight the field you would like to comment on, then click the Comment icon at the top, right corner. A comment field opens up.
- Type your comment in the text box, and click Post. A comment icon will appear on the feature. Any Team Member with access to the quote can click on the icon to review the comment.
- After you submit a comment, a More Options button appears on it. This is only visible to you. Select it to Edit or Delete the comment.
As Team Members make changes and submit quotes, FastSpring Interactive Quotes saves each draft of the quote. A new version of the quote is automatically created after 10 minutes of inactivity, or when a creator leaves the configuration page. Each version includes all comments, settings, and configuration applied to the quote. These drafts are accessible after the quote is expired.
To reference or restore a previous version of the quote:
- In the Interactive Quotes site, navigate to Interactive Quotes > Review Queue. Select the quote.
- In the quote’s details page, navigate to the Activity section. Click View Full Changes History.
- At the top, right corner of the Review Panel, click the Changes History icon.
- Click on the dated version that you would like to access or restore.
FastSpring Interactive Quotes will notify you each time there is a status change to a quote that you have collaborated on. This can be through in-app or email notifications. In-App notifications appear in the top, right corner of the Interactive Quotes site. You can control your Notification Settings from the Account page.
Team Admin Notifications
If enabled, Team Admins will receive notifications when:
- A Member submits a quote for approval
- A Team Member or Admin leaves a comment on a quote they reviewed
Team Member Notifications
If enabled, Team Members will receive notifications when:
- The status of their quote submission changes
- A Team Member or Admin leaves a comment on a quote they own
Enable or Disable the Approval Workflow for Team Members
Only Admin have the ability to change the Approval Workflow settings. This is configured on an individual basis for Members, however all Admin can approve quotes in the queue. Because of this, the approval workflow setting is unavailable for Admin.
- In the FastSpring Interactive Quotes site, navigate to Settings > Team.
- Next to each Member, there is a Require Quote Approval checkbox. Select the checkbox to require the quote approval. Deselect the checkbox to enable them to send quotes without approval.