Before You Launch
This article provides a checklist of things to consider before you go live for the first time with your FastSpring Store.
If you are reading this, you are almost ready to go live with your FastSpring Store. Just a few more items to go through to make sure that your Store is ready to go. Note: This page assumes that you have tested all functionality using test orders.
Products and Pricing
- Verify that all supported currencies are available to your Store through Store Settings - Localization.
- Verify that you have input the correct prices for all products. If you have manually entered non-USD prices for products, verify that the prices are adjusted to account for the VAT or GST amounts. (Alternatively, you can contact FastSpring Support to request a switch to net pricing mode).
- Verify that you have set up at least one fulfillment action for each of your non-subscription products, as needed. FastSpring will not activate your Store until each non-subscription product has appropriate fulfillment actions. This requirement ensures that customers can access the product immediately upon completing a purchase.
- Has your Store been activated? Store activation may happen automatically once specific criteria have been met.
- Has your Storefront been set to Online? Verify this by going to the Storefronts menu. When viewing the list of Storefronts, you should see the green Online indicator in the upper right corner of the Storefront.
- Have you whitelisted the domains or subdomains of all sites that use your Popup Storefront(s)?
- Verify the support contact information for your Store via Settings -> Store Settings.
- Verify the live homepage of your default store.
- If you plan to use a Popup Storefront, verify the following:
- Have you updated the Popup Storefront link on your page to remove ".test" from Storefront URL?
- Are all of the integrations working in the live domain?
- Have you tested any integrations that use the FastSpring API?
- Have you verified and updated as needed all of your email templates via Settings -> Customer Notifications?
- Have you supplied FastSpring with your payment account information? (This is not strictly necessary before you can go live with your Storefront. However, it will be required before FastSpring can issue payment to you for any live sales.) For information about providing FastSpring with your payment account details, please see Ways to Get Paid by FastSpring.