Managing a Storefront
Table of Contents
- Offline Storefronts
- Online Storefronts
- Edit an Online Storefront
- Copy a Storefront to Create a New One
In the FastSpring App, green and gray tags indicate whether a store is online or offline. Click the indicator to switch the storefront’s status.
By default, new storefronts are offline. After you fully configure your storefront, you can switch it online and place it on your website. Then, customers can purchase the products you configured for that storefront, or request invoices. Because of this, we recommend that you do not publish the storefront until you fully configure your storefront.
Offline storefronts are in test mode, which allows you to create and view test orders. The URL returns a 404 (Not Found) error until the storefront is online. Additionally, offline storefronts:
- Contain .test. in the URL (yourexamplestore.test.onfastspring.com/holiday)
- Accept test orders
- Do not accept live orders from customers
- Reflect changes immediately after you refresh because changes are not cached
- May perform more slowly due to uncached changes
Default storefronts remain offline until FastSpring Support activates them. We recommend finalizing all settings before activation; this makes it simpler to test orders and customize storefront settings.
Customers can complete transactions and request quotes and invoices on online storefronts. You can only place test orders from the test URL.
Access a Web Storefront
- In the FastSpring App, navigate to Storefronts > Web Storefronts.
- On the applicable Storefront, click Links. A popup appears.
- In the popup, you are presented with a Live and a Test link for both the Homepage and Product Page. Select the link you wish to access. If you are placing a Test Order, make sure to select a Test link.
Access a Popup Storefront
With Popup Storefronts, it is easiest to navigate to your website to access the live link. To access the Test link:
- In the FastSpring App, navigate to Storefronts > Popup Storefronts.
- On the applicable Storefront, click Preview. The test version of that Popup Storefront appears.
Edit an Online Storefront
To make changes to a live storefront, we recommend copying the storefront to a new, offline storefront. This ensures that customers will not experience untested or incomplete changes. When you are satisfied with the changes, overwrite the original storefront with updates.
- Navigate to the Web Storefronts or Popup Storefronts page. On the applicable storefront, click More > Copy. A popup appears.
- In the To New Storefront URL field, enter a name for the test storefront.
- Do not click the To Existing Storefront field unless you want to completely replace the existing storefront.
- Click Finish. FastSpring copies all existing settings to the new storefront.
- Apply changes to the new storefront. Test orders on the storefront until you are satisfied with the changes.
- On the new storefront, click More > Copy. A popup appears.
- In the To Existing Storefront field, select the live storefront. This replaces all live settings with the new changes.
- Click Finish. FastSpring will apply the changes form your copy storefront to the live storefront.
Copy a Storefront to Create a New one
When creating a new Storefront, you can copy an existing storefront to duplicate all applied settings.
- Navigate to the Web Storefronts or Popup Storefronts page.
- On the applicable storefront, select More > Copy.
- In the copy window, select your preferences
- To Existing Storefront: Select an option from the drop-down if you want to completely replace an existing Storefront.
- To New Storefront URL: Enter a name without spaces for the new storefront web address.
- Click Finish.
FastSpring applies all settings from the existing storefront to the new one. The new storefront is offline.