Customers can automatically generate self-service quotes at checkout instead of requesting one from you. When enabled, prospects view a button on the popup storefront (or a link if you have a web storefront), and click Generate Quote to continue without payment. FastSpring automatically generates a quote consisting of all items in their cart, and redirects them to the quote.
Self-Service quotes appear in your store’s Quotes list after they are created. FastSpring displays the recipient name as the creator. The quote name is “Quote generated by [Recipient Name]”.
- A prospect clicks Generate Quote at checkout. FastSpring generates a quote containing all items in their order and redirects them to the quote’s URL.
- The prospect clicks Accept & Continue at the bottom of the quote. This opens the B2B Popup checkout directly over the quote.
- The prospect can request an invoice or complete the purchase. FastSpring sends the prospect the fulfillment, depending on quote settings.
Enable Self-Service Quotes
Within your storefront settings, you can enable customers to generate self-service quotes. The steps will vary depending on the type of storefront.
- Navigate to Storefronts > Popup Storefronts.
- Click Settings on the applicable popup storefront.
- At the bottom of the Checkout Settings section, click Enable Buyer Generated Quotes.
- Save your changes.
After you save your changes, customers can select the quote button in the popup storefront to generate a quote for their selected items.
- Navigate to Storefronts > Web Storefronts.
- On the applicable web storefront, click Settings > Checkout.
- In the Checkout Experience section, click Enable Buyer Generated Quotes.
- Save your changes.
At the top of the order list in the checkout page, customers can click the Generate a Quote link to create a quote containing their selected items.
In the FastSpring App, navigate to Store Settings > Invoicing to adjust your self-service quote settings.
- Enable Self-Serve Upgrades: When enabled, customers can modify their orders or subscriptions directly in the account management portal. Modifications include: adjusting product quantities, and upgrading subscriptions to a configured upsell.
- Enable Net D Invoice Payment Methods: When enabled, customers can add or update payment methods through the account management portal. Otherwise, this is only available at checkout.
- Allow Separate Billing Contact: When enabled, FastSpring can collect and retain a separate billing contact per payment method on file through the account management portal.