This article provides information about the Settings menu in the FastSpring App.
The Settings menu in the FastSpring App consists of three tabs:
|Store Settings||Allows you to specify the Store's default website and control email and localization settings|
|Email Settings||Lets you create and configure custom notification email messages to be sent to you when certain events such as orders or returns occur|
|Customer Emails||Lets you control the subscription-related email messages sent to customers, as well as order receipt messages sent from the New Email System|
The Store Settings menu has options that let you specify the Store's default website and control certain email and localization settings. This tab (selected by default upon clicking the Settings menu) includes three pages with links on the left-hand side of the page: General, Localization, and Support Contact.
Here is a listing of the fields available on the General page.
- Main Website (Store) URL - Enter the full external URL of the primary website that links to this Store. This URL is typically that of the company homepage, with no specific page in the URL. Example: http://www.abc-company.com
- Name - Enter the name of the Store (for management purposes). The text entered here appears in the Store's menu at the top right-hand corner of the FastSpring App, but does not appear on the Storefronts by default.
- Template to use for Default Order Receipt Notification - This field lets you control whether the Store uses the Legacy Email System or the New Email System for order-related messages. If you change this setting, you will be prompted to confirm the change. If you select the New Email System, two new fields appear. These fields allow you to specify the From Name and Reply-To Email address to be used for customer-facing email messages.
NoteThe From Name and Reply-To-Email fields on this page are only used when New Email System is selected. If Legacy Email System is selected, those values are instead controlled by the settings on the Support Contact page.
NoteThe Reply-To Email address specified is used if a customer clicks the Reply button in their email client while viewing an email message. This address should not be confused with the sender address of the messages, which will be email@example.com.
- Invoice Settings - Click Upload/Update Logo if you want to upload your company's logo image to appear at the upper right-hand corner of all customer-facing invoices. The page prompts you to browse to and select the desired image file. The recommended image size is 300 pixels wide by 75 pixels tall. If you upload an image that is larger than that, it will automatically be resized when it is displayed.
- After you have saved your change, the selected image appears below the Invoice Settings field, and at the upper right-hand corner of customers' invoices.
The following fields appear on the Localization page.
- Base Currency - If the currency of the buyer's country is unavailable for use as a payment method, the Store uses the Base Currency specified here instead. The Base Currency is generally USD, but if you have questions about this or you want to change it, please submit a support ticket. You can find more information about currency conversion in Currencies, Conversions and Taxes.
- Available Currencies - Customers can only purchase using one of the currencies selected here. Likewise, when editing a product, bundle, or a subscription, you can only specify currency-specific prices in currencies that are selected here.
NoteYou can override the list of currencies available to customers at the Storefront level without impacting your ability to enter currency-specific pricing. For more information, please see Overriding Currencies and Language Settings for Storefronts.
NoteEnabling RUB or ZAR makes PayPal unavailable as a payment option for those countries.
The following fields appear on the Support Contact page.
- Support Contact Name - Enter the contact name for your customer support team. A general support name is typically used, rather than a person's name. For example, "ABC-Company Support Department."
- Support Contact Email - Enter the email address customers can use to contact support for questions related to your products or services. For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org", or "email@example.com".