Configure Subscription Add-Ons to upsell or group multiple products with a single, recurring billing amount.
Subscription Add-Ons allow you to bind non-subscription products to a subscription product. Use the Store Builder Library to display Subscription Add-Ons in your Web Storefront. The Popup Storefront does not support Subscription Add-Ons.
Subscription Add-Ons are similar to Product Options, with two key differences:
- There is no Alternative option because Subscription Add-Ons are designed to supplement a subscription
- Subscription Add-Ons are billed as part of the primary subscription product
When your consumer selects a given subscription, you can suggest other non-subscription products within your Web Storefront. Then, any Add-On selected by the consumer becomes part of the resulting subscription. Each time FastSpring bills the consumer for the subscription, all associated Add-Ons that the consumer selected during the initial transaction are also billed in a single aggregate charge.
You configure Example Monthly Subscription with a price of $9.95 per month to offer a subscription add-on called Example Addon, which would otherwise be a standalone product costing $4.95.
If the consumer selects the Subscription Add-On then the Subtotal automatically updates accordingly. Rather than $9.95 per month, the consumer will be billed $14.90 per month.
Create Subscription Add-on
- Navigate to the Subscription for which you want to create an Add-On.
- A Popup may ask you to choose a Tax Category for the subscription. See Product Tax Categories for more details.
- Scroll down to the Related Offers & Add-Ons section and click Add New > Add Subscription Addons.
- In the Add Subscription Add-ons window, choose between Single choice add-on or Multiple choice add-on and either select or deselect the options for Require Selection and Inherit Quantity.
- Require Selection - Requires purchasers to select a product option in order to proceed. The order subtotal will increase unless the selected option is free.
- Inherit Quality - Gives the selected product option the same quantity as the primary product, however purchasers still have the option to adjust the quantity of either item.
- Enter an optional Display title and select an option from the Placement drop-down.
- In the Products field, begin typing the Product’s name, and select it from the suggested list.
- Click Save.
Any Subscription Add-On will appear in the Related Offers & Add-Ons section with an Edit button to make any changes. To remove a Subscription Add-On, click the Edit button and select Delete > OK.