Table of Contents
You can configure and customize email notifications that FastSpring sends you or your team each time specific events occur. For example, you can configure a custom notice to be sent to specific email addresses each time a certain product is purchased.
Set Up Default Email Addresses
In the Email Settings section, apply email addresses for specific types of notifications, including consumer notifications, and store-related alerts. The Primary Account Contact email will be the primary email address for all stores. However, you can customize the Default and Alert Email Addresses to be used for alerts, such as low license availability. If defined, alerts will not be sent to default email addresses.
- In the FastSpring App, navigate to Settings > Email Settings. In the Default Settings section, click Edit.
- In the Outbound BCC Address field, optionially specify email addresses to be BCC’d on all outgoing customer notifications.
- In the Primary Account Contact section, optionally edit the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address of the primary contact for your account. This affects all of your Stores and Storefronts.
- In the Store Notification Addresses section, enter one or more email addresses to receive store-related notifications.
- Default Email Address – Enter email addresses (separated by commas) to receive all store notifications by default.
- Alert Email Address – Enter separate email addresses for specific notifications (such as low license availability). If you specify any Alert Email Addresses, FastSpring will not send alert messages to the Default Email Address(es).
Configure Custom Notifications
In the Custom Notifications section, you can also add and edit email notifications for you or your team to receive when certain events occur.
- Navigate to Settings > Email Settings. In the Custom Emails section, click Add.
- In the Event Type drop-down, select which type of event will trigger this notification. Click Next. This creates the notification.
- In the Contents section, edit the information included in the notification as desired.
- To further customize the notification, select the applicable page:
- General: Enter a Name for the notification. Add one or more email addresses to send this notification to. Use commas to separate email addresses.
- Conditions: Configure circumstances in which this notification will be sent. In the Applicable Site drop-down, select the Store to which this notification applies. In the Rule Applicability field, select the billing conditions in which the notification applies. Then, select the Product to which this notification applies, and repeat as necessary.
- Advanced: Control the character encoding for messages sent via this notification. This may be helpful for implementing a script to parse the incoming notifications. Click the drop-down to select whether messages use UTF-8 or ISO)-8859-1 encoding.
- Save your changes. The notification will appear under Custom Emails.